Hide Table of Contents
net.lisias.retro Micro Services
In a Hurry
- Canonical URL to the services:
- (Micro) Services front-end:
- Internet Radio (!)
- Search Engine
- Current HTTP2.BASH server here at my home:
- Current Services Aggregator (that Confederation thing):
- Canonical URL : service.retro.lisias.net:8090
- Currently being serviced at:
- Do not use this link, use the Canonical URL as it will be always pinpoint to the current Host in service.
- Yes, the Hosting are expected to change a lot - as when a retro party happens and I move the setup to provide services in situ! :-)
- Public repositories:
- For Help:
- The uplink is slow as hell. Be patient
- Some browsers just quit waiting for the images. There's little I can do about, it's a User Agent issue - had I mention that the uplink is slow? :-)
- The SQL clients are expected to be offline now and then, they're still Alpha.
- This whole thing is Beta. :-)
- I'm struggling to implement a Dynamic DNS tool for my Router. It's running OpenWRT, however there's no Flash Memory enough to install the AWS Tools. A workaround is currently WiP.
The net.lisias.retro Micro Services (I still don't know how to name the thing!) are a (growing) set of Micro Services (and a Standard for integration of such services) to provide services to the Retrocomputing community.
Aiming to be supported from modest, embedded appliances to full blown servers, the Standard is language and framework agnostic: it can (and should) be implemented on any capable platform. See the Documentation for more technical information.
Currently it's being hosted by two Raspberries Pi (a 256 V1.0 and a 512 Mb V1.1 , both Model B) from the a stand on my living room (it used to be on the top of my desk), and the following services are currently provided:
- File Search Engines for retrocomputing related repositories:
- Aminet, WoS, Asimov, Funet, WhTech and others.
- Link to the HTML front-end (served by my HTTPD2.BASH http server!)
- A collaborative driven Web Radio
- Serving mod files from ModLand.
- Link to the integrated search engine.
- Link to the (passive) Audio Stream.
A full, detailed description of the services can be found here.
INSTALLING your own Host
If you want to use or maintain your own box:
- Log in into your administrative account.
- git clone this
- Read and follow the installation instructions.
Pre Make working environment
If you have a sparing Raspberry Pi, a 2Gb (or greater) SD Card and want to get into business with the less effort possible. :)
- Download the SD Image (360Mb, 7z archive)
- Follow the detailed instructions to configure the Services.
- All the needed resources are already installed and pre-configured with default values
- and stuffed with some useful add-ons.
- the Services are blocked until you manually unblock them for safety. Read de Configuration Instructions.
The Pre Made Image was forked from 2016-09-23 Jessie Lite with the Services at Version RELEASE.2016-1118.FIRST_BLOOD.
CREATING your own (Micro) Service Providers
This section is Work in Progress.
Link to the Project and Documentation, also WiP.